60GHz Wireless Board With Developed Chipset (Graphic: Business Wire)
Panasonic Corporation has developed technologies to reduce performance errors and maximize the transistor performance in chips for multi-gigabit wireless utilizing the 60GHz wireless band, which is expected to be the future of high-speed wireless communication. The transceiver LSI also features an integrated miniaturized module including an antenna, which contributes to the realization of stable high speed wireless communication for mobile devices.
The chipset incorporates built-in self-calibration to compensate for performance errors, improving the modulation accuracy more than 1.5 times. This makes it possible to reduce the circuit design margin, leading to the improvement of the stability of wireless communications with less than 1W power consumption. By integrating the transceiver LSI into the miniaturized module, the chipset can be implemented in mobile devices, enabling the easy exchange of the rich content, such as high definition videos, among mobile devices wirelessly.
The developed technology has the following features.
- Incorporates built-in self-calibration to compensate for performance errors in millimeter wave wireless circuits.
- Employs signal processing circuits which equalize the distorted received signal with more than 50% power reduction compared to the conventional approach.
- Integrates the transceiver LSI in the miniaturized module including the transmit antenna and the receive antenna (size: 10mm x 10mm).
This development is based on the following new technologies.
- Built-in self-calibration for the transmitter and the receiver which reuses existing circuit blocks to minimize the chip area.
- Unique low power frequency domain equalizer which significantly reduces circuit size by using a newly proposed signal processing algorithm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV