BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Health care stocks have been going through a long convalescence in the last few months.
A performance comparison shows just how serious the sector's malady is: While the S&P 500 has climbed 11.75 in the past three months, the health care sector has only managed to muster a 2.3% climb over the same time period. But there's more to those underwhelming returns than meets the eye. Underperformance tends to be cyclical, after all, and that means that health care stocks are due to play catch up with the S&P.
That's creating some attractive trading opportunities in a handful of health care stocks that are starting to make a move higher. So today, we'll take a technical look at five of them.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now. >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV