(AMZN) Prime Instant Video
Streaming cost: $79 a year
Amazon doesn't let anyone in on just how many Amazon Prime customers there are, but the company insists it's millions. It also tries to present Prime as something other than a Netflix competitor with its two-day-shipping and Kindle library rentals, although it experimented with $8-a-month subscription plans similar to Netflix's last year.
It has very little in the way of exclusivity, but had no problem signing movie channel Epix on as a partner last year after Netflix balked at a pricey exclusivity deal. Amazon's similar deal with Universal doesn't give it an advantage, but it gives current Amazon customers something to consider when they look at Netflix's $8 a month service and see that they can get streaming and faster package delivery for about $1.40 less each month.Oh, and they're able to do streaming video rentals of new releases for a few bucks a pop, which just isn't an option for Netflix subscribers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV