BURBANK, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Once again, Bella Thorne and Zendaya have the floor – the dance floor, that is, as the stars of Disney Channel's hit series "Shake It Up" anchor Shake It Up: I <3 Dance soundtrack , a new Walt Disney Records collection of blazing dance tracks featured in the third season of the show. With performances by Bella and Zendaya, fellow Disney stars Selena Gomez, Bridgit Mendler, Roshon Fegan and Caroline Sunshine, as well as up-and-coming stars Coco Jones, McClain Sisters and more, the full soundtrack receives its Radio Disney Planet Premiere on Feb. 23, and then arrives at stores and digital retailers nationwide March 5th.
A concept music video of the debut single, "Contagious Love," featuring Bella Thorne and Zendaya, and directed by Justin Francis ( Demi Lovato, Black Eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani) debuts on Disney Channel Friday, March 1. Another focus track, "This is My Dance Floor" by Bella and Zendaya, will be featured in an upcoming lyrics-based video airing on Disney Channel in March; the video made its online debut on Feb. 11.
Songs featured on the album are:
- "Contagious Love" by Zendaya and Bella Thorne is an upbeat rap anthem with a heavy-hitting bass-and-drum foundation. Its sweet harmonies and catch chorus echo the song's universal message about living life to the fullest.
- "This Is My Dance Floor," also from Bella Thorne and Zendaya, is an intense, synth-driven track about showing everyone who's boss when it comes to owning the floor.
- "Beat of My Drum" by Zendaya is a smoldering track with a pan-African vibe and a fierce beat.
- "Blow the System," with its classic disco beat backed by Bella Thorne's vocals, compares a marathon dance party with rolling the dice on love.
- "After Party" by "Shake It Up" co-stars Roshon Fegan and Caroline Sunshine, features a gritty shuffle sound, crazy hard beats in a tale of a party that lasts all night long.
- "Holla at the DJ (The DJ Mike D Remix)," a track from the upcoming EP by Hollywood Records artist Coco Jones, is a hip-hop leavened musical conversation between a dancer and her accommodating DJ.
- "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" is a stunning remake of the 1966 Nancy Sinatra classic, here updated for the smartphone era, performed by the star of the Disney XD series "Kickin' It," Olivia Holt.
- "Sharp as a Razor" by Hollywood Records' artists McClain Sisters is a sophisticated R&B-flavored dance track that offers a twist on that special relationship between dancer and DJ when both are in synch.
- "Future Sounds Like Us" by rising star Dove Cameron is a bright and boisterous tribute to Dance Nation.
- "I Can Do Better" by Y.LA borrows a page from Irving Berlin in this up-tempo track about the ultimate dance contest.
- Superstar Selena Gomez's popular "Shake It Up" theme song gets an update from 16-year old producer/DJ Cole Plante's shuffle-infused Reboot remix.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV