________________________________________ 1Supplemental tables that include additional business metrics can be found at http://www.ir.herbalife.com.
2Worldwide Average Active Sales Leaders may not equal the sum of the Average Active Sales Leaders in each region due to the calculation being an average of Sales Leaders active in a period, not a summation, and the fact that some sales leaders are active in more than one region but are counted only once in the worldwide amount.
Updated 2013 Guidance
Guidance for fully diluted 2013 EPS is based on the average daily exchange rates of January 2013, which in aggregate are not materially different from the foreign currency exchange rates assumed in our prior guidance. Our 2013 guidance continues to assume a Venezuelan exchange rate of 10 to 1. The guidance does not include the one-time impact associated with the revaluation of our bolivar denominated monetary assets and monetary liabilities, which includes our bolivar denominated cash, due to the recent devaluation of the Venezuelan bolivar, or any potential one-time impact from a future devaluation or the repatriation of existing cash balances. Guidance for the year also excludes one-time costs of $10 million to $20 million, mostly legal and advisory services, relating to the Company’s response to information put into the marketplace by a short seller which information the Company believes to be inaccurate and misleading.Based on current business trends the company’s first quarter fiscal 2013 and fiscal 2013 guidance is provided below.
|Three Months Ending||Twelve Months Ending|
|March 31, 2013||
December 31, 2013
|Volume Point Growth vs 2012||11.5%||13.5%||8.5%||10.5%|
|Net Sales Growth vs 2012||15.0%||17.0%||12.0%||14.0%|
|Cap Ex ($ millions)||$20.0||$30.0||$165.0||$185.0|
|Effective Tax Rate||28.5%||30.5%||27.5%||29.5%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV