Universal American's $1.3 billion portfolio of cash and invested assets, as of December 31, 2012, had the following characteristics:
- 37% was invested in U.S. Government and agency securities;
- The average credit quality of the longer term $1.2 billion fixed income portfolio was A+, with 46% invested in securities rated AA or higher; and
- Less than 1% of the portfolio was non-investment grade.
A complete listing of our fixed income investment portfolio as of December 31, 2012 is available for review in the financial supplement located in the Investors - Financial Reports section of our website, www.UniversalAmerican.com.
Balance Sheet and LiquidityAs of December 31, 2012, Universal American’s Balance Sheet had the following characteristics:
- Total cash and investments were $1.3 billion and total assets were $2.5 billion;
- Total policyholder liabilities were $1.2 billion and total liabilities were $1.5 billion;
- Stockholders’ equity was $1.0 billion and book value per share was $11.47 per diluted common share;
- Tangible book value per diluted common share (excluding accumulated other comprehensive income, goodwill, amortizing intangibles and deferred acquisition costs) was $7.35;
- Unregulated cash of $59 million;
- $132 million of bank debt; and
- $40 million of mandatorily redeemable preferred stock, reported as a liability, with an annual dividend rate of 8.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV