NSTAR Electric earned $195.7 million for the last three quarters of 2012 and $33.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. Results for the last three quarters of 2012 exclude $10.9 million of after-tax merger and related settlement costs.
Public Service Company of New Hampshire earned $96.9 million for the full year of 2012 and $27.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $100.3 million for the full year of 2011 and $25.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Lower full-year 2012 results were due primarily to higher depreciation, property tax and income tax expense, while higher fourth quarter 2012 results were due in part to higher transmission investment levels and a change in distribution rates effective in the second half of 2012.
Western Massachusetts Electric Company (WMECO) earned $56.3 million for the full year of 2012 and $15.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with earnings of $43.1 million for the full year of 2012 and $16.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Full-year 2012 results exclude $1.8 million of after-tax merger and related settlement costs. WMECO’s 2012 results improved largely as a result of higher transmission earnings, which were primarily related to GSRP. The project is being built primarily in the WMECO service territory and was approximately 93 percent complete as of the end of 2012.
Natural Gas DistributionNU’s natural gas distribution segment, which now includes both Yankee Gas Services Company and NSTAR Gas Company, earned $32.9 million for the full year of 2012 and $22.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. In 2011, Yankee Gas earned $31.7 million for the full year and $11 million in the fourth quarter. NSTAR Gas results are reflected from the date of the merger. Improved fourth quarter results reflect the addition of NSTAR Gas, as well as colder weather in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with the fourth quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV