CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF):
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Record fourth quarter net earnings attributable to common stockholders of $470.7 million, or $7.40 per diluted share, compared to earnings of $438.9 million, or $6.66 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Record ammonia shipments from several terminals.
- Announced approval of and began work on $3.8 billion nitrogen expansion program.
Full Year Highlights
- Record net earnings attributable to common stockholders of $1.8 billion, or $28.59 per diluted share, compared to earnings of $1.5 billion, or $21.98 per diluted share, in 2011.
- Record earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of $3.3 billion, compared to $3.0 billion in 2011.
- Record net sales of $6.1 billion and record sales volume of 15.0 million tons.
- Completed 2011 share repurchase program ahead of the expiration date with repurchase of 3.1 million shares for $500 million.
- Approved new share repurchase plan of up to $3.0 billion through December 31, 2016.
- Announced agreement to purchase all of the outstanding interests in Canadian Fertilizers Limited (CFL) for C$0.9 billion.
- High anticipated 2013 corn planting, strong domestic fertilizer demand and favorable natural gas costs provide a positive operating environment for the first half of 2013.