BENTON HARBOR, Mich., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) announced today the appointment of Diane Dietz, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Safeway Inc., to its board of directors, effective immediately.
" Diane Dietz's history of leadership in the consumer products industry makes her an outstanding addition to our board," said Jeff M. Fettig, Whirlpool Corporation's chairman and chief executive officer. "We know her breadth of experience in driving sales and building successful brands will be invaluable to our board of directors and Whirlpool Corporation."
Dietz, 46, has served as executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Safeway, since 2008, where she oversees the company's marketing, merchandising, manufacturing and distribution organizations. She joined Safeway from The Procter and Gamble Company, where she held positions of increasing responsibility, including as vice president and general manager of the Oral Care business.Dietz holds a bachelor's degree in Marketing and Economics from Northern Illinois University. About Whirlpool CorporationWhirlpool Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of approximately $18 billion in 2012, 68,000 employees, and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Additional information about the company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. SOURCE Whirlpool Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV