HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BJ's Restaurants, Inc. (Nasdaq:BJRI) today reported financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year of 2012 that ended on Tuesday, January 1, 2013. The results for both the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 1, 2013, included one less operating week as compared to the same periods of fiscal 2011.
- Total revenues increased approximately 8% to $184.8 million, as compared to $171.8 million for the same quarter last year. The extra operating week in fiscal 2011 contributed approximately $13.9 million in sales last year. Excluding the extra operating week, total revenues increased approximately 17% compared to the same quarter last year.
- Total restaurant operating weeks increased 5% (13 weeks vs. 14 weeks) and 13% (13 weeks vs. 13 weeks).
- Five new restaurants opened during the quarter.
- Comparable restaurant sales increased 3.0%, successfully hurdling a 5.1% increase for the same quarter last year (13 weeks vs. 13 weeks).
- Net income and diluted net income per share were $7.0 million and $0.24, respectively, as compared to $9.9 million and $0.34 for the same quarter last year. The extra operating week in fiscal 2011 contributed approximately $0.06 of diluted net income per share last year.
- On a non-GAAP adjusted basis, excluding certain charges and gains described below and in the reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP adjusted financial measures included in the accompanying financial data, net income and diluted net income per share were $7.6 million and $0.27, respectively.