Happy Chichester Releases 3rd Solo Album On March 12
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Happy Chichester will release his third solo album, Torchwood Loop, on March 12. It was recorded at his rehearsal space in Old North Columbus and released on his label, PopFly Music.
Named after the Columbus street on which Happy grew up, Torchwood Loop weaves elements of electronic, pop, folk, Latin, rock, R&B, and classical music, as well as video games, field recordings, and Muzak. Its 12 eclectic tracks conjure a mind-body experience through patchworks of modern sounds, incorporating live drumming as well as programmed beats and live looping. His songwriting process for this album began with drum practices, and he beatboxed or drummed on the tracks using instruments from thrift stores, yard sales, and trash bins.
"In this world of media addictions and toxic political news, music is therapy," said Happy. "Playing drums helps me meditate and feel clean again."
"Motorbike," the album's first radio single, was inspired by a recurring dream the composer had when trying to find footing in the music business. Violinists Christian Howes and Christopher Marion lent orchestral strings on "Symphony Of Pain" and "Thrill Of War." "Sexy Girl" was recorded live at the Hot Times Festival in Columbus.Happy contracted Bell's Palsy last year, which delayed Torchwood Loop's release from September of 2012 to March of this year. He deals with neuropathy in his facial muscles and wears an eyepatch to protect his cornea, but feels well enough to tour again. "The thing about getting sick was that it slowed everything down," Happy said. "It gave me time to work on releasing this album. I've been in hiding with a paralyzed face for the past six months and am excited to get out and rock again."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV