Luxe Link Announces Settlement With Provide Commerce In Patent Infringement Litigation
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Luxe Link LLC, the leading designer of high-end purse hook accessories, announced today settlement of its patent-infringement lawsuit against online retail giant Provide Commerce Inc.
Filed last year in Los Angeles federal court, Luxe Link's lawsuit alleged that Provide Commerce infringed Luxe Link's U.S. Patent Nos. 7,644,900 and No. 8,061,669 by selling infringing purse hooks on its RedEnvelope.com website in direct competition with Luxe Link.
Luxe Link will receive $350,000 for Provide Commerce's past sales and Provide Commerce agreed to stop selling infringing purse hook accessories. Instead, Provide Commerce now has the opportunity to offer authentic Luxe Link® purse holders to its customers.
"We are delighted with the resolution of our dispute with Provide Commerce. We will continue to enforce Luxe Link's patent rights in all markets where our patents have been granted," said Luxe Link CEO, founder, and inventor Kalika Yap. "Luxe Link has the right to protect our collapsible purse hook invention from unauthorized, lower-quality knock offs. This will help ensure that our properly licensed partners remain competitive. Our goal is to provide the highest quality purse hooks for our customers. This settlement is a step in the right direction."About Luxe Link: Luxe Link is the original portable handbag holder invented to keep women's precious handbags off the icky floor and always in view when at dinner or out on the town. No larger than a poker chip, Luxe Link's stylish, playful designs are light, easy to use and can double as a charm to bling your bag. Luxe Links are available for purchase at http://www.luxelink.com and fine retailers around the world. SOURCE Luxe Link
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV