Colliers International Predicts Accelerated Omnichannel Integration
Executive Focus on E-Commerce Platforms Among Nine "Trends to Watch" in 2013
SEATTLE, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Despite corporate concerns about future tax policy, the past several years of uncertainty have given way to generally more upbeat attitudes in the retail sector for 2013, according to Colliers International's 2013 North American Retail Outlook Report, released today.
Colliers market experts point to key "Trends to Watch" in 2013:
- Elevating the Retail Sector: Colliers expects retailers and property owners will identify hybrid executive roles within their organizations to better oversee the growth and integration of omnichannel operations.
- Cost Containment Remains a Priority: Even as the economy and jobs market demonstrate signs of a broad-based improvement, shoppers remain focused on price and value. Retailers continue to manage gross margin pressure, especially as hints of inflation start to appear, and are prioritizing investments in their supply chain to better manage costs.
- Housing Makes Solid Gains: The housing recovery, which began last year, has strengthened significantly and is expected to contribute meaningfully to economic growth in 2013. Consumers' increasing confidence is driving outsized sales in home furnishings and home improvement, and could be the catalyst for new retail concepts to launch in the U.S.
- Outlet Centers Booming: The development sector is strengthening in both the U.S. and Canada, with outlet centers figuring prominently into retail development pipelines. Nine are slated to open this year, with three dozen more either announced or rumored to be in development.
- Reduced Transparency in Capital Expenditures: Despite executives' general optimism about the consumer marketplace, corporate disclosures on annual Capital Expenditures (CapEx) have been far less detailed than they were this time last year, with respect to both budget size and how it will be allocated amongst corporate platforms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV