8. STMicroelectronics NV ( STM): Engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of a range of semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices.
- ST Microelectronics LIS3DH – MEMS Accelerometer
- STMicroelectronics LSM330DLC – 3D Accelerometer & 3D Gyroscope
ST Micro shares pulled back from a 52-week high, trading recently at $8.38 and having a market cap of $7.63B. Sales grew 16% from the previous year in Q4, helped by strong analog, MEMS, and microcontroller sales. Digital and wireless sales were weak.
9. Synaptics Inc. ( SYNA): Develops and supplies custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with various mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices.
- Synaptics Clearpad 3203 – Capacitive Touchscreen Controller
Synaptics sales were held back by PC sales (down 8%), but mobile sales grew 4% in in the last quarter. Stronger sales for Blackberry will help Synaptics, but the company benefits from better sales of Nokia smartphones.( List compiled by Kapitall Contributor Chris Lau)