8. STMicroelectronics NV ( STM): Engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of a range of semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices.
- ST Microelectronics LIS3DH – MEMS Accelerometer
- STMicroelectronics LSM330DLC – 3D Accelerometer & 3D Gyroscope
ST Micro shares pulled back from a 52-week high, trading recently at $8.38 and having a market cap of $7.63B. Sales grew 16% from the previous year in Q4, helped by strong analog, MEMS, and microcontroller sales. Digital and wireless sales were weak.
9. Synaptics Inc. ( SYNA): Develops and supplies custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with various mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices.
- Synaptics Clearpad 3203 – Capacitive Touchscreen Controller
Synaptics sales were held back by PC sales (down 8%), but mobile sales grew 4% in in the last quarter. Stronger sales for Blackberry will help Synaptics, but the company benefits from better sales of Nokia smartphones.( List compiled by Kapitall Contributor Chris Lau)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts