8. STMicroelectronics NV (STM): Engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of a range of semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices.
- ST Microelectronics LIS3DH – MEMS Accelerometer
- STMicroelectronics LSM330DLC – 3D Accelerometer & 3D Gyroscope
ST Micro shares pulled back from a 52-week high, trading recently at $8.38 and having a market cap of $7.63B. Sales grew 16% from the previous year in Q4, helped by strong analog, MEMS, and microcontroller sales. Digital and wireless sales were weak.
9. Synaptics Inc. (SYNA): Develops and supplies custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with various mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices.
- Synaptics Clearpad 3203 – Capacitive Touchscreen Controller
Synaptics sales were held back by PC sales (down 8%), but mobile sales grew 4% in in the last quarter. Stronger sales for Blackberry will help Synaptics, but the company benefits from better sales of Nokia smartphones.(List compiled by Kapitall Contributor Chris Lau)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV