LISC New York City Launches Three-year Healthy Food Initiative To Improve Quality Of Life For Low-income NYC Residents
Health is a part of all of that, noted
Michael Rubinger, LISC national president and CEO. "There is no denying the clear connection between poverty and disease," he said. "The fact that low-income neighborhoods tend to be food deserts, where for generations families have had no means to access or afford fresh food, is certainly one of the driving factors. We are working to change that."
LISC combines corporate, government and philanthropic resources to help nonprofit community development corporations revitalize distressed neighborhoods. Since 1980, LISC has raised $12 billion to build or rehab 289,000 affordable homes and develop 46 million square feet of retail, community and educational space.
Over the last 30 years, LISC New York City has invested more than $2 billion in New York City neighborhoods, in partnership with community development corporations (CDCs) and other local groups. With LISC NYC support, these organizations have developed close to 33,000 affordable homes and apartments and 2 million square feet of commercial space. For more information, visit http://www.lisc.org/nyc/.
Contact: Colleen Flynn, LISC NYC212-455-9388 or Cflynn@lisc.orgSOURCE LISC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV