U.S. Travel Agents January 2013 Air Ticket Sales Up 4.77 Vs. 2012
ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARC, the financial settlement link between airlines and travel sellers, reported today that the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold by U.S.-based travel agencies increased 4.77 percent * year-over-year in the first month of 2013 compared to the same period last year, totalling $7.6 billion vs. $7.2 billion in 2012.
January 2013 ticket transactions increased at 3.6 percent over the same period in 2012 to 13.2 million. Year-to-date passenger segments increased slightly by 0.7 percent to 27.8 million compared to 27.6 million in 2012.
More detailed information is available at https://www.arccorp.com/news/stat/2013-01.jsp.About ARC: ARC powers the U.S.-based travel network with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics. Nearly 14,000 travel agencies and 190 airlines use ARC's settlement services, which in 2012 totaled more than $84 billion. As the industry's gold standard of accreditation, ARC allows participating agencies and carriers to focus on what's important – increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Va. For more information, visit www.arccorp.com. Notes for Editors: *Ticket Sales
- Results based on monthly sales data ending Jan. 31, 2013 from 13,888 U.S. retail and corporate travel agencies, satellite ticket printing offices and online travel agencies.
- Results do not include sales of tickets purchased directly from airlines.
- Total sales are equal to the total amount paid for a ticket, which includes taxes and fees.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts