Gov. McCrory Proclaims February 18-23, 2013 As Financial Aid Awareness Week In North Carolina
RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Pat McCrory has proclaimed February 18-23, 2013 as Financial Aid Awareness Week in North Carolina. The proclamation urges N.C. students and families to learn more about the process of applying for financial assistance for college. The week culminates with FAFSA Day on Saturday, February 23rd.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to determine eligibility for most financial aid programs to assist in the cost of higher education.
On FAFSA Day, college financial aid officers and specialists will be available at more than 300 locations across North Carolina to help high school seniors and families complete and submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Most FAFSA Day sites will be open between 9:00 a.m. until noon on February 23rd to offer free assistance. Registration is encouraged. To find locations and times and to register for FAFSA Day, go to CFNC.org/fafsaday or call toll-free 1-866-866-CFNC (2362).
Another option for students and parents with a few questions on completing the FAFSA is the FAFSA Phone-In offered every Tuesday night in February. Financial aid specialists will be available to answer specific FAFSA questions on the toll-free number, 1-866-866-CFNC (2362), between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.According to the Governor's proclamation, more than 350,000 students in N.C. have applied for financial aid to help pay for college costs and many of our state's leaders, including former governors, judges, civic leaders, educators and other professionals were financial aid recipients. The proclamation points out that those who have benefited from financial aid over the years are now repaying the state through their talents, services and increased tax revenues. Financial Aid Awareness Week is sponsored by the N.C. Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators. The Association also joins College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) and the State Employees' Credit Union to make FAFSA Day available. About CFNC College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) is a free service of the State of North Carolina that helps students plan, apply, and pay for college. CFNC is a partnership of Pathways (the N.C. Department of Public Instruction, N.C. Community Colleges, N.C. Independent Colleges and Universities, and The University of North Carolina), the N.C. State Education Assistance Authority, and College Foundation, Inc.
- Pathways , created by the N.C. General Assembly in 1999, is a state-wide initiative to increase the college-going rate of North Carolinians by providing: comprehensive college and career planning resources; electronic applications and transcripts accepted by all 110 North Carolina colleges and universities; and, information on student financial aid and college affordability. Pathways is administered by The University of North Carolina General Administration.
- The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA), established in 1965, is the State agency that promotes access to higher education by administering financial aid and savings programs, informing students and families about paying for college, teaching educators about financial aid administration, and advocating for resources to support students.
- College Foundation, Inc. (CFI) , administers a large portfolio of education loans, several major grant and scholarship programs for students attending N.C. colleges and universities, and the tax-advantaged "529" college savings program on behalf of the N.C. State Education Assistance Authority. CFI also delivers information to North Carolina students and families about paying for college, assists colleges and universities with financial aid services, and provides technology support for CFNC.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV