The Board of Directors of Aetna Inc. (NYSE: AET) today announced the following actions.
- The Board declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share on the company’s common stock. The dividend was declared on February 19, 2013, and is payable on April 26, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 11, 2013.Declaration and payment of future quarterly dividends is at the discretion of the Board and may be adjusted as business needs or market conditions change.
- The Board authorized the company to repurchase up to an additional $750 million of its common stock from time to time. This authorization is in addition to the approximately $505 million of repurchase authority available under Aetna’s prior authorization as of December 31, 2012.The company intends to continue buying shares in the open market from time to time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV