The Board of Directors of Aetna Inc. (NYSE: AET) today announced the following actions.
- The Board declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share on the company’s common stock. The dividend was declared on February 19, 2013, and is payable on April 26, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 11, 2013.Declaration and payment of future quarterly dividends is at the discretion of the Board and may be adjusted as business needs or market conditions change.
- The Board authorized the company to repurchase up to an additional $750 million of its common stock from time to time. This authorization is in addition to the approximately $505 million of repurchase authority available under Aetna’s prior authorization as of December 31, 2012.The company intends to continue buying shares in the open market from time to time.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts