Stop Hunger Now Works With GSK PULSE Volunteer To Achieve International Growth
RALEIGH, N.C., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Stop Hunger Now along with JoLee Southard of the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) PULSE Volunteer Partnership has completed a six month project. This project resulted in successful expansion efforts for Stop Hunger Now in Bologna, Italy with additional plans for operations in Mexico.
"JoLee contributed to the research and planning for the establishment of international packaging programs in Bologna, Italy and Metepec, Mexico" said Allen Renquist, International Operations Director, Stop Hunger Now. "She applied her proven skills and expertise in project management and business planning to help us achieve our goal for international expansion."
Through the establishment of permanent international meal packaging operations, Stop Hunger Now has the distinct ability to have a greater impact on global hunger than we do from the United States. Through our programs in South Africa and Malaysia, and now with the launching of operations in Italy and Mexico, we hope to see tremendous improvements in the prospective short and long term impact of our program.
"This has been an extremely enriching experience for me," JoLee explains. "I am fortunate to have worked with such an incredibly passionate and committed group of people, and to be part of the planning for increased international operations which will positively impact the fight against world hunger. It's been an amazing opportunity."The PULSE Volunteer Partnership is GSK's skills-based volunteering initiative. Through PULSE, motivated employees are matched to a non-profit organization for 3 or 6 months full-time, contributing their skills to solve healthcare challenges at home and abroad. When PULSE Volunteers return to GSK, they act as catalysts to change the company for the better.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV