New Research From Knotice Shows Emails Across Industries Inch Closer To Mobile Tipping Point
AKRON, Ohio, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new report estimates the share of commercial emails opened on mobile devices will surpass 50 percent in the next six to 12 months, according to new research from data and digital messaging solutions provider Knotice.
The " Knotice Mobile Email Opens Report: 2nd Half 2012" reveals that most brands will likely see at least half of their commercial emails opened via mobile devices by the end of 2013. Currently, 41 percent of commercial emails are opened on mobile devices, up from a 27 percent mobile email open rate a year earlier.
This latest report features valuable data on the percentage of email opens occurring on mobile devices (including phones and tablets), click activity, and mobile device popularity based on a sampling of 500 million emails sent across 11 industry segments, including retail, consumer products, cable and telecommunications, and more. It also includes data from earlier Mobile Email Opens Report versions for comparative purposes as mobile adoption rates have climbed over time.The bi-annual report offers a comprehensive look at overall mobile usage as it pertains to permission-based, commercial email, including:
- Percentages of emails opened via mobile device (overall and by unique industry segment);
- Click-to-open (CTO) rates of email (overall and by industry segment);
- Mobile email activity based on specific operating systems and devices, including smartphones and tablets;
- Email opens based on time of day;
- Email opens as the clock ticks after a send (including smartphone versus iPad/tablet usage).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV