DETROIT, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy (NYSE: DTE) selected 70 solar energy projects in the first round of its expansion of the SolarCurrents customer-owned pilot program, which offers customers a more affordable way to install solar photovoltaic systems on their homes and businesses.
The SolarCurrents program expansion will offer an additional 2 megawatts of capacity over the next two years. A random drawing was necessitated when DTE Energy customers responded with more than 100 applications, representing more than 700 kilowatts for the first round of 500 kilowatts (kW). The projects that weren't selected can reapply for the next round, which starts June 24. The application deadline is July 23.
In the first round, incentives were awarded to 61 residential projects, representing 377 kW and ranging in size from 1 to 20 kW. Those projects will be built in 11 counties in Southeastern Michigan.
In addition, nine non-residential projects, representing 127 kW, will be built in five counties in Southeastern Michigan. Those projects range in size from 2 to 20 kW."The overwhelming response to the latest phase of our SolarCurrents program is gratifying, as our customers know that we're making their involvement with solar energy more affordable," said Irene Dimitry, DTE Energy vice president, Marketing and Renewables. "With nearly $2 million in incentives through next year, our customers will be able to help diversify our energy portfolio and help us meet the state's renewable energy goals." In the first phase of the SolarCurrents program, which was fully subscribed in 2011, nearly 600 solar energy projects were built that represented a total of 5 MW of capacity. See dteenergy.com/solar for more information. SOURCE DTE Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV