Feb. 19, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Fifth Third Bank (
) is participating in the 7th annual "America Saves Week," a nation-wide effort to help people save more successfully and take financial action, by bringing its mobile financial classroom to the
area for two weeks. America Saves is an initiative of the Consumer Federation of America involving more than 1,000 non-profit, government, and corporate groups that encourages individuals and families to save money and build personal wealth.
Fifth Third Bank's traveling e-bus will offer one-on-one counseling about savings and budgeting, home buying and borrowing, understanding credit, and identity protection. The e-bus travels throughout the country every year encouraging people to pay off debt, save their money and set financial goals. "The staff on our e-bus is here to provide financial resources to anyone interested in improving their money management," said
, Fifth Third Bank. English and Spanish-speaking counselors and representatives will be on hand from
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
daily at all the following City Colleges of
e-bus stop locations:
- Feb 19 – Truman College, 1145 W. Wilson
- Feb 20 - Kennedy–King College, 6301 S. Halsted
- Feb 21 – Richard J. Daley College, 7500 S. Pulaski
- Feb 22 – Harold Washington College, 30 E. Lake
- Feb 25 – Olive Harvey College, 10001 S. Woodlawn
- Feb 26 – Malcolm X College, 1900 W. Van Buren
- Feb 27 – Wilbur Wright College, 4300 N. Narragansett
- Feb 28 – Harold Washington College, 30 E. Lake Street
- March 1 – Kennedy-King College, 6301 S. Halsted
"Americans remain burdened by debt," explained
, SVP, Community Development, Fifth Third Bank (
). "In fact, a recent study suggested that some 42% of
residents lack sufficient savings. We encourage anyone who would like some private, one-on-one, financial counseling to stop by any of our
visits and take advantage of this."