Kirby McInerney LLP is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Artio Global Investors Inc. (“Artio” or the “Company”) (NYSE: ART) related to the proposed acquisition of the Company by Aberdeen Asset Management PLC (“Aberdeen”). Under the terms of the agreement, Aberdeen will acquire all of the outstanding common stock of Artio for $2.75 per share in cash, for a total transaction value of approximately $165 million.
The investigation concerns whether the Artio Board of Directors violated its fiduciary duties by agreeing to this transaction and whether the proposed $2.75 per share consideration adequately values Artio common shares. The offer price represents a 34% premium to the price of shares on February 13, 2013, the day before the deal was announced. As recently as October 2012, however, the stock was trading higher than the offer price. Further, the owners of 45 percent of the Company’s stock have agreed to vote in favor of the transaction.
If you are an Artio shareholder and wish to obtain additional information, please contact J. Brandon Walker, Esq. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (212) 699-1145 or (888) 529-4787, or by filling out this contact form.
Kirby McInerney LLP is a New York-based law firm concentrating in securities, shareholder, whistleblower, antitrust and consumer litigation. For additional information, please go to www.kmllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV