DALLAS, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest monolithic point-of-load (POL) DC/DC converters for harsh environments, including radiation tolerant, geological, heavy industrial, and oil and gas applications. The 6.3-V, 6-A TPS50601 and the 6.3-V, 3-A TPS50301 are synchronous step- down converters optimized for small form factor designs.
The devices' current mode control, high switching frequency, and integration of the high- and low-side MOSFETs slash board space by 50 percent compared to other solutions, reducing the size of equipment needed for tight spaces, such as down-hole drilling. For more information or to order samples and an evaluation module (EVM), see www.ti.com/tps50601-pr.
- Peak efficiency: Best-in-class peak efficiency of up to 95 percent results in lower heat dissipation, compared to competitive devices.
- Design flexibility: 100-kHz to 1-MHz switching frequency and optimized compensation scheme enable designers to make trade-offs between size and efficiency.
- Reduced board space: High efficiency, optimal layout and dynamic bias reduce the size and number of output capacitors, and improve transient response. This enables more than 12-watts-per-square-inch power, compared to the nearest competitor at 10 watts per square inch.
- High reliability: The TPS50301 is qualified up to +210 degrees-C for high temperature applications, while the TPS50601 is qualified up to +125 degrees-C for harsh environments with QMLV/RHA qualifications pending.
- Higher-current operation: Designers can use two devices in parallel to double the output current.
- Order samples of the TPS50601: www.ti.com/tps50601-sample-pr.
- Order samples of the TPS50301: www.ti.com/tps50301-sample-pr.
- Purchase the TPS50601SPEVM-D: www.ti.com/tps50601-d-evm-pr
- Purchase the TPS50601SPEVM-S: www.ti.com/tps50601-s-evm-pr
- Download the TPS50601 datasheet: www.ti.com/tps50601-ds-pr.
- Download the TPS50301 datasheet: www.ti.com/tps50301-ds-pr.
- Explore TI's full portfolio of high-temperature integrated circuits (ICs) and related system block diagrams: www.ti.com/hightemp-pr.
- Download TI's High-Temperature Guide: www.ti.com/hightempguide-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV