U.S. Army Corps Of Engineers To Conduct Visitor Surveys At Recreation Areas Beginning This Spring
WASHINGTON, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) announced today that it will conduct visitor surveys this spring and summer at more than 30 of its lake sites nationwide. Beginning in late March and continuing through September 2013, visitors exiting USACE-managed recreation facilities will be asked about their length of stay and overall experience. Participation in the survey is voluntary.
"The information we receive from this survey will assist our team in budgeting and planning the USACE recreation program," said Mary Coulombe, chief of the USACE Natural Resources Management Office. "We want to learn more about our visitors' recreation habits, so we can better plan for new trends in the ways our guests spend their leisure time at our parks. The findings will also help us ensure that the recreation facilities at our lakes are operating efficiently to maximize visitor outdoor opportunities and enjoyment."
Interns from the Student Conservation Association will conduct the interviews with visitors. The survey has been approved by the Office of Management and Budget.
Surveys will begin in March and continue through May at nine lakes in three USACE regions. Surveys will be expanded to more than 20 lakes in a total of seven USACE regions from May through September.In 2012, similar surveys were conducted by Student Conservation Association interns involving 108 survey sites at 31 USACE lakes nationwide. USACE is the nation's largest federal provider of outdoor recreation, managing more than 400 lake and river projects in 43 states and hosting more than 370 million visits per year. With 90 percent of these recreation areas within 50 miles of metropolitan areas they provide a diverse range of outdoor activities close to home and to people of all ages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV