Tennessee's Federal Benefit Check Recipients Must Act Now To Comply With U.S. Treasury's Electronic Payment Rule
Check recipients can sign up for direct deposit or the Direct Express ® card by calling toll-free 1-800-333-1795 or by talking to their local federal paying agency office. People can also sign up for direct deposit online at GoDirect.org. The process is fast, easy and free.
- By taking a few minutes to gather the necessary information ahead of time, most federal benefit recipients can sign up for electronic payments with one brief phone call.
- Individuals will need their Social Security number or claim number, their 12-digital federal benefit check number and the amount of their most recent federal benefit check. If choosing direct deposit, recipients also will need their financial institution's routing transit number (often found on a personal check), account number and account type (checking or saving).
- There are no sign-up fees or monthly fees to receive benefits electronically.
Anyone already receiving federal benefit payments electronically will continue to receive their money as usual on their payment day. No action is required.
The Go Direct ® campaign is sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Banks. The Go Direct ® and Direct Express ® logos, Go Direct ® and Direct Express ® are registered service marks of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Service (used with permission). The Direct Express ® Debit MasterCard ® card is issued by Comerica Bank, pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard ® and the MasterCard ® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
SOURCE U.S. Department of the Treasury
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts