BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Investors can thank George Washington and Abe Lincoln for the extra breathing room stocks got yesterday. Short trading weeks can be a godsend, especially when Mr. Market is coming off a major rally move.
The extra reprieve from trading this week should give investors a little bit longer to let emotions die down before deciding on their next moves in the market. With the S&P 500 consolidating sideways just a couple percentage points off of all-time highs, that's a very constructive place for stocks to be.
To take full advantage, we're zooming in on five new Rocket Stock names this week.For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 188 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 77.72%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks. >>Hedge Funds Hate These 5 Stocks -- but Should You?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV