Washington Crossing Historic Park Master Plan To Be Developed
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) has engaged Marianna Thomas Architects of Philadelphia to develop a master plan for Washington Crossing Historic Park.
The park, established by the commonwealth in 1917, commemorates Gen. George Washington leading his troops across the icy river for a surprise attack on Hessian troops at Trenton, N.J., in December 1776. The victory reinvigorated American forces. Since its establishment the site has grown to encompass 500 acres and more than 40 buildings.
This master plan will examine the park's resources including buildings, grounds, and collections. They will be evaluated to meet PHMC's mission to preserve and interpret the military, cultural, and natural history of the site.The master plan will guide the long-term management of the park with a focus on stewardship, sustainability, education, and preservation of the historic site for the public. The goals include:
- The best use of resources to express PHMC's mission at the site;
- Organizing information and evaluating resources;
- Organizing real estate holdings in a sustainable way;
- Guiding future projects and;
- Developing the historic and natural resources in a manner that respects the integrity and tranquility of the site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV