Survey Of Global Public Companies Finds Investor Relations Professionals Ready To Engage Investors With Mobile Technologies
NEW YORK, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Investor Relations professionals at public companies plan to embrace mobile technologies and incorporate them into their communications strategies this year, according to a survey conducted by theIRapp™, the investor relations app building technology platform that allows public companies to optimize their IR content for iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices.
As part of theIRapp's™ work to help the IR industry understand and embrace new technology, the company surveyed more than 100 IROs during the course of January, 2013. theIRapp gathered opinions and thoughts on how these professionals view the importance of mobile technology to their work communicating with investors, and how they plan to incorporate it this year and in the future. The IR executives offering insight covered small, medium and large market capitalization companies across diverse industries. Notable names of companies responding to the survey include McDonald's, Urban Outfitters, and Hewlett Packard.
Survey results showed:
- 88% of IROs recognize the importance of mobile to their work as communications professionals and believe that public companies need to develop a mobile IR strategy in the coming year(s);
- 57% of IROs believe investors now require faster access to IR content via mobile devices as compared to traditional sources.
Notwithstanding the above findings, more than 78% of companies currently do not use mobile devices for their IR communications.With respect to their views on the landscape of mobile IR, the IROs surveyed said the following:
- 91% believe the same amount or more companies will consider publishing an investor relations app this year;
- 41% do not want to be first in their industry; they want to see other companies publish an IR app;
- 21% want to follow the leaders; they want to see larger companies publish IR apps first;
- 38% think investors are still tied to their desktops; they want to see deeper adoption of mobile devices across their investor base before embarking on a mobile strategy;
- 67% think the SEC will react in the near future to the use of mobile technologies/apps for investor communications and for Reg FD disclosure purposes ;
- 35% have not implemented a mobile strategy because of budgetary constraints.
- Because they want to enhance their communications with investors and stay current with technological advances;
- Because they are looking for ways to be more transparent;
- When more prevalent and reliable wireless connectivity exists;
- To expand their investor base, particularly with individual/retail investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV