PMI San Diego Implements Online Project Management Tool To Improve Productivity And Maximize Efficiencies
CARLSBAD, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EPM Live, the leading PPM Work Management platform that revolutionizes the way organizations manage projects and work, announced today that PMI San Diego, a local Chapter of The Project Management Institute (PMI), has selected EPM Live's PPM and Work Management software for its online work collaboration and social project management capabilities. The San Diego Chapter of PMI was formed and chartered in 1986. Since then, they have continued to build increasingly progressive and innovative programs. The Chapter's primary mission is to enable its members to achieve project management excellence by enhancing expertise through project management education and training, supporting professional credentials, and promoting association with project professionals. PMI-SD holds an annual conference that attracts hundreds of PM practitioners. PMI-SD leverages EPM Live to manage all work aspects of this event. This year's 2013 conference, "Projecting a Difference", is currently in the early planning stages.
EPM Live is a proud supporter of PMI and has deployed project management tools to many PMI Chapters to help manage the on-going tasks associated to chapter business. EPM Live is a registered education provider (R.E.P) for PMI. Download the full PMI-SD case study.
Due to their constant vision to improve processes, PMI-SD identified the following business opportunities:
- Event data was being stored in disparate work management tools such as Google Docs and Excel spreadsheets
- Event contact records for volunteers, speakers and vendors were often inaccurate. Data was neither centralized nor easily accessible
- There was a lack of historical data and lessons learned resulted in time consuming rework, there were no repeatable processes and there was a strong need for a contingency plan
- Collaboration and knowledge share was not efficient as documentation was neither centralized nor version controlled
- System Consolidation—in an effort to create total event visibility and a centralized system, the PMI-San Diego conference committee replaced Google Docs with EPM Live to leverage more comprehensive capabilities while maintaining a simple end user experience. Leveraging the QuickStart deployment option, PMI-San Diego experienced an accelerated path to leveraging the tools they needed to better plan and coordinate event details.
- Global Visibility— the Conference committee was in need of a flexible scheduling tool as meetings were taking place often and at various locations. Meeting times and locations often changed which posed a challenge in regards to informing participants in a timely manner. With EPM Live, the committee was able to create global event visibility for all the volunteers to easily see when and where the meetings were taking place. All pertinent event information was posted on the homepage along with a calendar. Volunteers can now easily access the meeting location/address, who's hosting the event, and the conference dial-in information. Volunteers can also set alerts for automated notification of changes.
- Contact Management— by creating a centralized contacts list, PMI-San Diego committee members were able to access accurate team member information for improved communication and collaboration.
- Historical Record Keeping— executing one of the largest local PMI chapter events results in extensive data tracking, analyzing and forecasting. It was critical for PMI-San Diego's contact management system to store detailed historical data on past event speakers as well as proposed speakers moving forward. Detailed information about the speaker can be accessed and includes all relevant information such as the speaker's bio, past engagements, and speaker ratings from previous events. Historical data is now tracked, reviewed and leveraged to sustain the success of the annual PMI-San Diego Conference.
- Document Management— EPM Live enabled event management to create a centralized repository for all event documentation. Committee members can easily upload and collaborate on all important articles and documents as well as apply version control for data accuracy.
- Workspaces— The PMI-San Diego conference team is dispersed and often work remotely. In addition to creating global visibility into high level conference details, committee members needed focused workspaces to better collaborate on different segments of the event. Workspaces were created to track and organize registration details, potential risks, tutorials, print media, marketing and other critical event information.
- Visit our Website
- Attend an Upcoming or On Demand Webinar (PDUs available)
- Access a Free Trial
- Read the EPM Live Blog
- Download our free Enterprise PPM Buyer's Guide
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts