Cox Business And Inc. Magazine Launch "Get Started OKC" Offering Local Entrepreneurs Expert Advice And Chance To Win A $5,000 Technology Package
OKLAHOMA CITY, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Designed to support and spur the success of local entrepreneurship, Cox Business is bringing "Get Started OKC" to Oklahoma City in partnership with Inc. Magazine on March 5, 2013 at the Oklahoma History Center.
Co-sponsored by Mozy, Cox's partner for delivering leading cloud backup solutions to customers, the event will highlight up to 10 businesses or entrepreneurs who will pitch their idea. One winner will be named that evening to receive $5,000 in Cox Business technology. Local small businesses that don't want to compete are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in digital marketing, funding and business growth strategy.
Venture capitalist Josh Linkner (@joshlinkner), digital marketing leader Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs) and successful CEO and Inc. 5000 winner, Phil G. Busey, Sr., founder, chairman and CEO of The Busey Group of Companies will be providing the expert, real-time feedback to individuals with an innovative business idea. Eric Markowitz (@EricMarkowitz) of Inc. Magazine will be moderating the festivities. Although each panelist will bring unique perspectives in achieving success, they will have one common focus the night of March 5, 2013 in Oklahoma City: to provide guidance and insider tips that will make a difference in these entrepreneurs' lives.
"We're committed to helping our business customers grow -- their success benefits the entire community. Get Started OKC is an illustration of this commitment." said Randy Chandler, vice president of Cox Business Oklahoma. "We are thrilled to be offering this event to local businesses as an opportunity to learn from the best and from one another. It's going to be a great night."For those businesses or individuals interested in entering for the opportunity to pitch their business idea, they can click here to enter and must provide a 250 or less word description of the proposed product or service pitch. All entries must be received by 12:01 a.m. CT on February 21, 2013. Cox Business will select up to 10 finalists who will present their pitch live the night of March 5. Finalists will have two minutes to pitch their business idea to the expert panel and will receive immediate feedback. The panelists will then determine the best pitch and winner of the contest who will receive a $5,000 Cox Business technology package. Finalists will be determined by innovation, ease of implementation and the benefit it brings the local community. Chandler adds, "We are passionate at Cox about supporting and driving growth in our backyard. The finalists, and ultimately the winner, will not only exhibit innovation and something that can be realistically implemented, but will be someone who shares our commitment to Oklahoma City." Get Started OKC will begin at 5:30 p.m. with networking and will include food, drinks and an unforgettable educational opportunity for local businesses. After the pitching takes place, an interactive Q&A will take place with the expert panel and live audience. There are many ways to engage in Get Started OKC:
- To register as an attendee or enter for an opportunity to pitch your business idea, visit: http://bit.ly/getstartedokc .
- Entrants will be notified by February 25, 2013 if they are selected to pitch in the live event.
- Beginning at 6:30 p.m. CST on March 5, people can log-in to www.GetStartedOKC.com to watch the pitches live via a live stream.
- Post event, local businesses and individuals will have an opportunity to vote on their favorite in a "people's choice" contest which will be live at GetStartedOKC.com after the event. This site is not yet live.
- The winner of the "people's choice" contest will receive one-on-one consulting time with Phil G. Busey Senior and a profile on the Cox Business social destination Cox Blue.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts