Landsat Background Information
Since its launch on March 1, 1984, Landsat 5 has provided more than 600,000 individual images, recording clear-cutting and recovery conditions of rain forests, near- and long-term effects of the Chernobyl explosion, before-and-after records of Hurricane Katrina's impact, as well as more subtle natural and human-induced changes to the global land surface. In addition to these emergency and management applications of Landsat imagery, millions of people each day use Web-based mapping products supported by this and other imagery data to get where they want to go.
- Carey Smith, President of Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc. (HTSI) "HTSI has worked with the USGS for numerous years to help Landsat 5 and Landsat 7 stay in orbit longer than expected. We've provide countless innovative programs and services that helped the satellites perform their jobs, and we'll continue working on making these and future satellites as efficient as possible."
- Landsat Background: http://landsat.usgs.gov/
- Landsat 5 Background: http://landsat.usgs.gov/about_landsat5.php
- Landsat 7 Background: http://landsat.usgs.gov/about_landsat7.php
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts