EAST HANOVER, N.J., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, HONEY MAID launches the MADE CO. initiative, a unique contest series through which kids ages 6-12 will have the chance to win opportunities to have their ideas brought to life with the help of industry experts. MADE CO. was developed to encourage kids to cultivate their imagination and creativity, and inspire them to make things.
The HONEY MAID brand will work with a rotating roster of project experts from a variety of industries including clothing designers, game and toy makers, and book publishers, among others. These experts will post project briefs on the www.HoneyMaid.com/MadeCo site, calling for kids to submit their best and brightest ideas for consideration. Along with HONEY MAID, the industry experts will review submissions and select one winning idea per project brief to be professionally created, with the help of the winning applicant.
"As a trusted name for more than 85 years, HONEY MAID is a wholesome snack brand that has always fueled kids' creativity through everything from making graham cracker houses to making S'mores," said Gary Osifchin, Senior Marketing Director, Mondelez International. "However, lately we have noticed an emerging cultural trend of kids being less interested in making content than consuming it. MADE CO. was created as a direct response to that trend, and we are excited to re-instill a sense of creation and exploration for kids today through this new initiative."MADE CO. launch projects include:
- A book produced by HarperCollins Publishers
- Kids will be asked to submit ideas inspired by the most funny or memorable day they've ever had. One winner and his/her parent will travel to New York City to participate in a day-long writer's workshop with My Weird School book series author Dan Gutman at HarperCollins headquarters. The winner will work with Gutman to turn his/her idea into a real book, of which ten copies will be produced by HarperCollins.
- A Phineas and Ferb Best Day Ever animated drawing workshop by Disney
- Kids will be asked to submit story ideas chronicling their Best Day Ever using the Phineas and Ferb Comic Creator on the MADE CO. website. One grand prize winner will be selected to win a digital art tablet and a trip with his/her parent to Los Angeles for a one-on-one drawing workshop with a Phineas and Ferb animator to learn how drawings are brought to life through animation. Nine first prize winners will win a digital art tablet to fuel their creativity at home.
- Create the Next Miniclip Hero
- Kids will be asked to submit ideas for a heroic character that will be designed and incorporated into an upcoming game on Miniclip.com. The winner will learn how Miniclip turns his/her character idea into the star of a Miniclip game, along with a prize pack including a mobile device filled with Miniclip games and a private video game launch party to celebrate the completed game with his/her friends and family.