Other findings from the survey include:
- For 2013, managers expect unemployment to be lower than in the recent past in the U.K. (7.7% vs. 8.5% in 2012) and the U.S. (7.5% vs. 8.5%), but higher in the Eurozone (11.5% vs. 10.6%).
- The managers’ consensus is that crude oil is expected to rise at a fair pace, reaching $90 a barrel this year (they predicted $100 for 2012) and $100 a barrel in the next 10 years — significantly down from last year’s 10-year prediction of $120.
- Managers expect major currencies to maintain roughly stable values despite the uncertain economic environment.
About Towers Watson Investment
Towers Watson Investment is focused on creating financial value for the world’s leading institutional investors through its expertise in risk assessment, strategic asset allocation and investment manager selection. It is a division of Towers Watson’s Risk and Financial Services business, has over 750 associates worldwide and assets under advisory of over US$2 trillion.
About Towers WatsonTowers Watson (NYSE, NASDAQ: TW) is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management. The company offers solutions in the areas of benefits, talent management, rewards, and risk and capital management. Towers Watson has 14,000 associates around the world and is located on the web at towerswatson.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts