DETROIT, Feb. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, today announced the release of its "Direct" solution that addresses the Direct Project's goals of enabling secure, scalable point-to-point email-like messaging. The solution is available as an out-of-the-box, ready to use offering or via a comprehensive set of web services that allow organizations, including EMR vendors, to implement Direct capabilities within their native environments.
Covisint offers the only Direct solution with a comprehensive set of web services for third-party development, called application programming interfaces, or APIs. With Covisint, healthcare providers can now further eliminate paper-based systems and accelerate their movement toward achieving Meaningful Use Stage 2.
As much of healthcare communication historically has been transacted via mail and fax, the Direct Project (formerly NHIN Direct) has standardized the technology and service requirements for simple and secure electronic communication among healthcare stakeholders, replacing mail and fax. Direct's primary goal is to boost participation in electronic healthcare information exchange by speeding up implementation and enabling Meaningful Use.Traditional electronic healthcare messaging did not enable a clinician to electronically send information about a patient from one clinician to another. Enabling secure information sharing between clinicians supports continuity and continuation of care without the technical barriers traditionally experienced. The Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)positioned Direct as a simple and familiar way to communicate securely. Covisint, a member of DirectTrust, the new governing body for Direct, has written its solution to the specifications of the Direct Project. Covisint's secure, encrypted Direct solution goes beyond the Direct Project requirement and provides:
- a healthcare provider directory (HPD) compliancy for easy look-up and identification;
- a local provider directory load (LDAP) for synchronization with existing directories;
- flexible provider search by zip-code, geography, specialty and gender;
- integrated APIs to implement Direct capabilities within existing environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV