The Believe campaign, which was inspired by the “New York Sun's” famous "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" editorial, invites believers of all ages to drop off letters to Santa at any Macy’s store by depositing them in special, red Santa Mail letterboxes. For each letter received, Macy’s donates $1 to Make-A-Wish, up to $1 million, to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
This year’s Believe campaign brought back airings of the beloved “Yes, Virginia” animated special, including a Spanish-language version for the very first time. Macy’s also introduced a school musical program based on the special and supported art and music education by making the script and score available on a royalty-free basis to all schools and awarding $1,000 grants to nearly 100 schools to help fund their productions of the musical. Customers mailing their letters at Macy’s Believe stations in-store were also able to take photos with the animated stars of “Yes, Virginia” through the magic of augmented- reality technology. Macy’s National Santa Tour was back on the road, traveling to 26 cities, allowing children to see Santa and meet Virginia, who joined the tour for the first time. On Dec. 14, Macy’s celebrated National Believe Day across the country and commemorated the event by collaborating with Make-A-Wish to grant more than 70 “Wishes Across America” for children with life-threatening medical conditions. Macy’s also offered a Double Donation on National Believe Day, giving an extra $1 for each Santa letter received on Dec. 14, up to $500,000. Proving that its customers do believe, Macy’s met its goal of collecting 500,000 letters on National Believe Day, helping the retailer to collect more than a million letters during the 2012 “Believe” campaign.
For more information about how Macy’s gives back, visit macys.com/magicofgiving. For Macy’s press information, please visit macys.com/pressroom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV