GLENVIEW, Ill., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) today announced that it is initiating a review process to explore strategic alternatives for its Industrial Packaging segment. The Industrial Packaging segment designs and manufactures steel, plastic, and paper products used for bundling, shipping, and protecting transported goods. The segment includes such well known brands as Signode, Strapex, Angleboard and Mima among others and had 2012 revenues of approximately $2.4 billion.
"As part of the execution of ITW's enterprise strategy and portfolio management initiative, we are starting a process to explore strategic options for our Industrial Packaging segment, which may include a sale or spin-off of the business," said E. Scott Santi, president and chief executive officer. "We expect the review process will last through the remainder of 2013."
To assist the company in evaluating its strategic alternatives, ITW has retained J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Goldman, Sachs & Co. as its financial advisers.
ITW is a Fortune 150 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The company focuses on solid growth and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and businesses. These businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW's pro forma revenues totaled $17.0 billion in 2012, with more than half of these revenues generated outside of the United States.SOURCE Illinois Tool Works Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV