BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether catching up on this year's nominated movies or hosting a viewing party, new Special K® Popcorn Chips are perfect for guilt-free snacking during the season's most anticipated award show. That's why celebrity nutrition expert Lisa DeFazio, MS, RD, one of Hollywood's go-to weight management resources, is partnering with Special K to reveal snacking secrets that keep the stars #RedCarpetReady.
"Celebrities are human — they have cravings just like the rest of us," said DeFazio. "Rather than deprive yourself, the key is to choose guilt-free snacks throughout the day — like Special K Popcorn Chips, which satisfy sweet and savory cravings and provide a tasty baked crunch."
From celebrity snacking to perfect picks for your award show party, chat with Lisa about how to prepare for all your #RedCarpetReady moments. DeFazio will host a Twitter chat from the @SpecialKUS handle from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m. EST on Thursday, February 21. Following is a taste of DeFazio's insider tips that add style and savvy to snacking:
- Create an Award-Winning Combo. Include carbohydrates, protein and healthy fat for a satisfying, full feeling. Pair your guacamole or hummus with veggies like carrots or red peppers and baked chips like Special K Popcorn Chips.
- Stay Well Hydrated. Your liquid calories are just as important as your food calories – at zero calories, water is a great solution. Fill a pitcher with ice water and lemon slices for a fresh, hydrating option.
- Get your Timing Right. The parties may extend all night long, but your snacking has a time limit. Avoid evening snacks close to bedtime; allow two hours between snacking and sleep to give your digestive system a break overnight.
- Style Your Snacks. Just like every star has their own look on the red carpet, so should your snacks. Make munching exciting for guests by including snacks in a wide variety of colors and textures served in fun bowls and platters.
- Know Your Labels. While designer labels rule the red carpet, nutrition labels are king on the couch. Pay special attention to portion sizes and calories and be sure your snacks are around 150 calories. Special K Popcorn Chips come in Sweet & Salty, Butter, and Sea Salt varieties and are 120 calories for 28 chips.
- Veg Out. Keep veggies in the middle of your girls' night for guests to munch on freely while relaxing in front of the television. You can feel good about filling up on these low calorie, high fiber options without any waistline consequences!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV