SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LSI Corporation (NASDAQ: LSI) today introduced its Axxia ® 5500 product family of communication processors designed to accelerate performance and increase power efficiency for multi-radio base stations and 4G/LTE-capable wireless networks. The LSI ® Axxia 5500 product family is first to combine 16 ARM cores with LSI specialized networking accelerators to optimize performance and power efficiency. The Axxia 5500 product family allows networking service providers enhanced intelligent wireless capabilities through base stations, cell site routers, gateways and mobile backhaul equipment.
The Axxia 5500 product benefits include:
- Reliable, deterministic performance to contend with the massive data deluge driven by smartphones, tablets and cloud-based services
- Increased power efficiency that enables OEMs to widely deploy high-performance macro and small cell base station solutions
- Lower capital expenditure costs and optimized system design due to integration of networking acceleration functions including up to 50Gb/s packet processing, 20Gb/s security processing and 160Gbps of Ethernet switching via 16 10Gb Ethernet interfaces
"Mobile broadband growth is outpacing infrastructure capability, and service providers need solutions that will meet traffic performance needs while also minimizing cost and power consumption," said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Networking Solutions Group, LSI. "The Axxia 5500 product family addresses these needs with an exciting and very flexible architecture that delivers exceptionally high performance without sacrificing power efficiency."The Axxia 5500 product family will include a range of communication processors with different core counts and throughput capabilities and are the first in the industry to deliver 16 ARM Cortex™-A15 cores using ARM's CoreLink™ CCN-504 low-latency interconnect in 28nm process technology. The combination of LSI's networking expertise, specialized acceleration engines and Virtual Pipeline™ technology with ARM's power-efficient processors and interconnect IP delivers communication processors that are uniquely suited for building intelligent, heterogeneous networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV