Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) announced today that it has established the sales headquarters for its Americas region in the company’s new offices at 224 S. Michigan Ave. in downtown Chicago.
- The office is led by Jim Welch, senior vice president for the Americas region, which comprises North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean.
- About 100 employees, including the Americas sales leadership team, moved into the new offices in late January. The company also is building a new inside sales force downtown, providing more entry-level jobs.
- The company also has offices at 233 N. Michigan Ave., where it has leased space for years.
- Motorola Solutions also is building a customer-focused innovation center at its new Americas sales headquarters, where visitors can experience how the company’s communications solutions drive efficiency and effectiveness for government and enterprise customers.
- Motorola Solutions has 22,000 employees worldwide and a strong presence in the Chicago area with approximately 4,400 employees at its headquarters campus in nearby Schaumburg, Ill.
Greg Brown, chairman and CEO, Motorola Solutions“Chicago is a world-class location, and our decision to place more workers in the city reflects our long-standing commitment to the Chicago community,” said Greg Brown, chairman and CEO of Motorola Solutions. “Our new downtown facility is in a great location on Michigan Avenue and will enhance our recruiting efforts.” Rahm Emanuel, mayor, City of Chicago “I am pleased that Motorola Solutions has named its new Chicago facility the Americas sales headquarters. The talent in Chicago is world-class, and I know that the employees at this facility will do great things for the company. I look forward to visiting the new facility as Motorola Solutions continues to create jobs and economic growth in the city.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts