Allied Motion Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: AMOT) today announced that it achieved net income for the year ended December 31, 2012 of $5,397,000 or $.63 per diluted share compared to adjusted net income of $5,866,000 or $.68 per diluted share for the year ended December 31, 2011. Adjusted net income for 2011 excludes the $1,101,000 adjustment to the contingent consideration recorded as part of the purchase price for Ostergrens Elmotor AB, acquired on December 31, 2010. Including the adjustment, net income was $6,967,000 or $.81 per diluted share for the year ended December 31, 2011.
“While sales in 2012 decreased by $8,973,000 or 8% for the year when compared to 2011, the decrease in our net income was limited to $469,000 when compared to adjusted net income for 2011 which factors out the acquisition earn-out gain of $1,101,000 that was recorded in 2011,” commented Dick Warzala, President and CEO of Allied Motion. “Most of our operating units and served markets experienced decreased levels of business in 2012. During 2013, we will continue to closely monitor our served markets as we expect them to begin firming up and stabilizing as we move through the year. In the meantime, we will execute our Strategy for the long term growth and development of our Company by designing innovative “ Motion Solutions That Change the Game” and meet the current and emerging needs of customers in our served market segments.”
Revenues for this year were $101,968,000 a 8.1% decrease from the record revenues of $110,941,000 for last year with $6,346,000, or 71% of the decrease due to lower volume and $2,627,000 or 29% due to the dollar strengthening against the Euro and the Swedish Krona. Backlog at December 31, 2012 was $32,915,000 down 25% from the record backlog at December 31, 2011 of $44,005,000. The decrease in backlog is primarily the result of the current market conditions and the delay of certain blanket order placements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV