Sirtex Medical Inc. Hosts Dinner Symposium At The 2013 American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association’s Annual Meeting
Sirtex Medical Inc., a subsidiary of Sirtex Medical Limited (ASX:SRX), a leading manufacturer of targeted, innovative liver cancer therapies, announced today it will host a dinner symposium during the 2013 American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association’s (AHPBA) Annual Meeting. The educational event will take place Thursday, Feb. 21 from 7–8:30 p.m.at the Eden Roc Renaissance in Miami.
The symposium, titled “Y-90 Selective Internal Radiation Therapy for Colorectal Liver Metastases,” is designed to educate Surgical Oncologists about the latest data and role of SIR-Spheres ® microspheres, the only fully FDA PMA-approved microsphere radiation therapy for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
Moderated by Roderich Schwarz, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director, IU Health Goshen Hospital, the event will feature three leading Surgical Oncologists who will discuss the following topics with symposium attendees:
- “History, Mechanisms, Indications and Safety of Y-90 Therapy” by N. Joseph Espat, M.D., M.S., F.A.C.S., Chairman, Department of Surgery, Roger Williams Medical Center
- “Clinical Data and Comparative Assessment of Outcomes of Y-90 Therapy” by David Kooby, M.D., F.A.C.S., Associate Professor, Surgical Oncology, Emory University
- “Y-90 Therapy in the Multidisciplinary Process” by Robert Martin II, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Louisville School of Medicine
About Selective Internal Radiation Therapy using SIR-Spheres microspheresSelective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT), also known as radioembolization, is a proven technology for inoperable liver cancer that delivers doses of radiation directly to the site of tumors. In a minimally invasive treatment, millions of radioactive SIR-Spheres microspheres are infused via a catheter into the liver where they selectively target liver tumors with a dose of internal radiation up to 40 times higher than conventional radiotherapy, while sparing healthy tissue. Clinical studies have confirmed that patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with SIR-Spheres microspheres have response rates higher than with other forms of treatment, resulting in increased life expectancy, greater periods without tumor activity and improved quality of life. SIRT has been found to shrink liver tumors more than chemotherapy alone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV