Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (BMY)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO has improved earnings per share by 12.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO reported lower earnings of $1.15 versus $2.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.84 versus $1.15).
- The gross profit margin for BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO is currently very high, coming in at 74.40%. Regardless of BMY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BMY's net profit margin of 22.07% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Pharmaceuticals industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 8.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $852.00 million to $925.00 million.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts