NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Office equipment giant Staples (SPLS) was the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on Tuesday following media reports that rivals Office Depot (ODP) and OfficeMax (OMX) are in advanced merger talks.
Staples rose 13.44% to $14.69 on share volume of 549,382 before market open.
BlackBerry (BBRY) was another winner, rising 2.37% to $14.49 on share volume of 429,108.
Vodafone (VOD), however, was a loser, tumbling 2.93% to $25.19 on share volume of 323,147.Zynga (ZNGA) rose 2.19% to $3.27. Apple (AAPL) shares rose 0.47% to $462.3. Shares of Dell (DELL), which reports its fourth-quarter results after market close, crept up 0.07% to $13.82 in premarket trading. TheStreet will be live-blogging Dell's results, starting at 3:45 p.m. EST. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV