SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) ( www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced that it will launch the MVBR1517 4G LTE Mobile Broadband Voice Gateway at the Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, Spain. NETGEAR will demonstrate its solutions for mobile operators February 25-28 in Hall 5, Stand 5102.
Designed to support multiple FDD/TD-LTE band variants, the MVBR1517 is an LTE voice gateway that provides telephone services, WiFi and firewall security over a built-in 4G LTE modem.
By easily installing a MVBR1517 gateway anywhere in a home or business, residential and business end-users get both telephony service and instant, reliable and secure internet access over WiFi or wired Ethernet for all of their connected devices.
The MVBR1517 provides mobile operators with a competitive solution to displace legacy fixed line services. The integrated telephony ports on the MVBR1517 provide carrier-class voice services to attached analogue or DECT phones creating a complete fixed-line replacement service, especially helpful in areas where coverage from broadband services such as DSL and cable may be poor or non-existent. The built-in firewall along with wireless encryption offers added security and peace of mind to mobile operators' customers, who know their devices are protected from outside cyber-attacks. Additionally, as 4G LTE evolves, the MVBR1517 will help deliver services with higher bandwidth, lower latency and lower cost per gigabit of data."4G LTE has quickly become the industry standard amongst mobile operators, and is the mobile technology that is being adopted at the fastest rate. With the adoption of 4G LTE, mobile operators are able to experience network efficiencies with higher speeds, helping them to meet the continuing speed and bandwidth demands from customers and device manufacturers," said Julien Blin, directing analyst for consumer electronics and mobile broadband at Infonetics Research ( http://www.infonetics.com/). "4G LTE's ability to act as a primary or back-up solution to wired services also offers mobile operators cost benefits when compared to 3G technology. The need for quality mobile broadband gateways with voice capabilities is only increasing." "The MVBR1517 is the culmination of the experience NETGEAR has attained from delivering mobile broadband platforms over the past years," said Michael Clegg, senior vice president and general manager for Service Provider Business at NETGEAR. "Simplicity and ease-of-use are at the core of the MVBR1517's user experience and design, yet it's flexible enough to meet the needs and rigorous quality demands of mobile operators." Key Features of the MBVR1517 Mobile Broadband Voice Gateway include:
- 4G LTE 100Mbps (bands 1,3,7,8,20 or 800/900/1800/2100/2600 Mhz) with fallback DCHSPA+ 3G 42Mbps (bands 1, 8)
- High performance 802.11n WiFi
- Preconfigured WPA/WPA2 and WPS
- Multi-SSID support
- USB 2.0 host port enabling USB ReadySHARE® Storage
- Optional USB feature: DLNA® and Wireless Printing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV