Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) today announced that Electronic Products magazine has named the PRoC™-UI (Programmable Radio-on-a-Chip–User Interface) a 2012 Product of the Year. The PRoC-UI solution combines a 2.4-GHz proprietary WirelessUSB™-NL Radio with Cypress’s CapSense ® and TrueTouch ® capacitive touch technologies. This combination enables user interface functionality in wireless devices, including gestures supported by Windows 8 applications. Cypress also announced that three variations of the PRoC-UI family are now in production.
The Electronics Products editors considered nearly 300 product entries using a set of criteria that included whether a product presented a significant advancement in technology, featured ground-breaking innovation, and offered a substantial price/performance benefit. PRoC-UI excelled in all of these areas.
“We are very pleased to accept this award from the highly respected editors of Electronic Products,” said Jayant Somani, senior director of worldwide marketing for Cypress’s Data Communication. “It’s a tremendous endorsement of the outstanding technology we have at Cypress. Perhaps more importantly, this award is a validation of our ability to create solutions that help our customers get to market faster, with better and more cost-effective end products.”
Cypress integrated its market-leading user interface and wireless technologies to create PRoC-UI. The solution delivers cost savings through integration, shorter design times, lower power, and smaller form factor. PRoC-UI boasts an impressive -87 dBm receive sensitivity at 1 Mbps. This enhanced sensitivity enables longer range (up to 30 meters) operation and allows for lower-power transmit signals. The device features low active and standby currents, which enable longer battery life. It also offers superior performance in the presence of 2.4-GHz interference from common sources such as WiFi, Bluetooth, cordless phones, and microwaves.Availability PRoC-UI is available in three variations:
- PRoC-TT (CYRF89535) offers TrueTouch touchscreen technology and CapSense touch sensing with 32 KByte Flash and 35 IOs in a 68-pin QFN package, targeting wireless trackpads, touch mice, and keyboard with trackpads.
- PRoC-CS (CYRF89435) offers CapSense touch sensing with 32 KByte Flash and 35 IOs in a 68-pin QFN package, or with 13 IOs in a 40-pin QFN package, targeting wireless mice with capacitive sliders and keyboards with capacitive touch buttons.
- PRoC-USB (CYRF89235) includes Cypress’s enCoRe V USB microcontroller with 32 KByte Flash and 13 IOs in a 40-pin QFN package, targeting wireless USB dongles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV