The Round Rock, Texas-based company reported fourth-quarter non-GAAP earnings of 40 cents a share on $14.3 billion in revenue, down 11% year-over-year, but up 4% over the previous quarter. The company noted that networking was strong, with revenue from this segment growing 42%.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 39 cents a share on $14.1 billion in revenue.
"We continued to execute our long-term strategy in Q4, and realized a 6 percent increase in our enterprise solutions and services business," said Brian Gladden, Dell CFO in the release. "We also continued to generate strong cash flow from operations of $1.4 billion in the quarter. Our strong balance sheet and cash position enabled the company to invest almost $5 billion in new capabilities and intellectual property this fiscal year, including great assets like Quest, SonicWall, Wyse and AppAssure."Citing the announcement to take the company private, Dell is not providing an outlook for its fiscal 2014 or the first quarter. Dell shares fell 0.07% today, to close at $13.80, just above the take private price of $13.65. Shares are moving higher in after-hours, trading at $13.87, up 0.5% according to Nasdaq.com. Dell will hold a conference call at 5 p.m. EST to discuss the results. Interested in more on Dell? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV