BEIJING and DALLAS, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ) a leading global provider of mobile Internet services, today announced that U.S. Cellular will offer NQ Mobile's Family Guardian product under the name U.S. Cellular Family Protector™ powered by NQ Mobile™ to its 5.9 million customers.
"U.S. Cellular is an indispensable collaborator in our efforts to protect the vital mobile information of our customers throughout the nation," said Omar Khan, Co-Chief Executive Officer, NQ Mobile. "By educating its customers about family mobile safety issues and offering access to our family protection app suite, U.S. Cellular is taking an active role in protecting its customers' vital mobile information, which is more important now than ever."
U.S. Cellular Family Protector™ powered by NQ Mobile™ comprises a unique suite of services for safety and monitoring within a mobile app that is downloaded and installed on the child's smartphone along with a web-based control center that is accessible from any desktop or mobile browser. The app is currently available for Android-powered devices, while the control-center is compatible with any web browser .Key features of U.S. Cellular Family Protector™ powered by NQ Mobile™ include:
- Web Filter: Safeguard children by filtering and blocking inappropriate websites
- App Filter: Make smart choices about which apps children can access
- Contact Filter: Help children fight spam text and harassing calls by adding numbers to their block lists
- Schedules: Control children's mobile phone use by setting up times when they can unlock their phones to make calls, browse the Internet, text, and more
- Monitors: Keep track of children's locations, message content, calls, browsing histories, app downloads, and photos
- Geo-Fences: Set up a safe zone for children and receive a notification when they're outside of this safe zone
- Check-in: Get check-in messages when children arrive safely at their destinations. Also track their location if they forget to check in
- Panic Alarm: If kids are in trouble, they can send an alert message to their parent's phone with their exact location