Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc., (NASDAQ: RRGB), a casual dining restaurant chain serving an innovative selection of high-quality gourmet burgers in a family-friendly atmosphere, today reported financial results for the 13 and 53 weeks ended December 30, 2012.
Financial Highlights for the 13 Weeks Ended December 30, 2012, Compared to the 12 Weeks Ended December 25, 2011:
- Earnings per diluted share were $0.45, compared to fiscal fourth quarter 2011 earnings per diluted share of $0.20, on a GAAP basis. Adjusted earnings per diluted share were $0.59, compared to $0.28 in the fiscal fourth quarter a year ago. (See Schedule I.)
- Total revenues increased 16.8% to $240.7 million; Company-owned comparable restaurant revenues increased 1.4% on a 13-week comparable basis.
- Restaurant-level operating profit margin increased to 20.6% from 19.9%. (See Schedule II.)
- The Company opened three new Red Robin ® restaurants.
Net income for the 13 weeks ended December 30, 2012, was $6.5 million compared to $2.9 million in the 12 weeks ended December 25, 2011. Fiscal fourth quarter 2012 net income excluding charges related to the Company’s debt refinancing was $8.4 million. See Schedule I below for a reconciliation of adjustments to net income in the fiscal fourth quarters of 2012 and 2011.
For the 53 weeks ended December 30, 2012, GAAP net income was $28.3 million, or $1.93 per diluted share, compared to $20.6 million, or $1.34 per diluted share, for the 52 weeks ended December 25, 2011. Excluding charges related to the Company’s debt refinancing, adjusted net income for the full fiscal year 2012 was $30.2 million, or $2.06 per diluted share, compared to $24.3 million, or $1.58 per diluted share, in the full fiscal year 2011. (See schedule I.) The fifty-third week in fiscal 2012 contributed an estimated $3.1 million to net income, or approximately $0.21 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV